It’s certainly impossible to identify someone who does not enjoy pleasant music. Music is the soul-touching entity, which offers a peaceful and stress-free aura and at the same time, rejuvenates your mind to focus on the positive aspects of your life!
Music has also proven its healing and therapeutic properties that have been substantiated by several popular research studies. The famous, award-winning documentary film’ Alive Inside’ serves as the strong evidence for the above proclamation of ‘music as therapy’ in where the social worker, Dan Cohen unlocks the hidden memory power of the patients affected by dementia, only by using the magic of music.
There are still many beneficial aspects of music that are yet to be unraveled. So, is it not appropriate to invest in the perfect, high-quality audiophile equipment to enjoy the fullest benefits of music? In this technological era, music comes in various forms and the most popular form of music is its digitized version.
Such popular digital version of music is best when listened from complementing audio gears, sophisticated computer compatible devices, accentuating amplifiers and what not! Streaming music via computers using internets is undeniably the widely accepted way to listen music and do you know that apart from your computer and speaker, there is one more forgotten, yet important component that impacts the quality of the music delivered?
Yes, network cable it is! A Network cable or Ethernet cable greatly influences the quality of the song delivered. Even if you own an advanced computer and high-quality speakers, if the connecting network cables are outdated and incompatible, then forget about streaming the energizing music that you are dreaming to listen and rejuvenate yourself.
Like any other components related to music, you should also procure high-quality Ethernet cables to filter out noises and enjoy music in its purest form.
Audiophile Ethernet cables
To enjoy quality music, you need not be an audiophile;a sincere music-lover is determined to resort to only high-quality musical components that certainly include complementing network cables.
The most commonly used, network cables are the Cat5 cables, where Cat stands for category, and these are bunch of copper wires, protected by the outer jacket like any other cables. These cables are unshielded and therefore not suitable for high-end Gigabit Ethernet and best to use only for fast Ethernet.
The Cat5e model, where ‘e’ stands for enabled, offers 100 MHZ standard performance and is therefore suitable for both Fast and Gigabit Ethernet. But still, these are unshielded and can only be used for short distance network connections of maximum 100 meters.
These problems are overcome by the highly advanced Cat7 models, in which their shielded feature allows high performance Gigabit Ethernet cabling of up to 600 MHZ and are suitable for your home wiring needs that certainly includes your music streaming,high-end audio gears. The shielding also avoids interferences and noises and therefore, I need not elaborate on the high quality of music you are bound to enjoy and also there is no need for Repair Network Cable.
If affording Cat7 cables is out of your budget, then Cat5e or Cat6 models are still highly recommended over the conventional Cat5 model. It is certainly your choice in choosing the appropriate affordable cable and do make the careful, wise decision to avoid any future troubles and conflicts.
Repairing network cables
Now that you know the importance of network cables and the need to choose the superior ones for sound music quality, the next crucial step is to empower yourself with the knowledge on how to repair or fix the network cables to enjoy uninterrupted, rhythmic music!
In general, knowledge of repairing your network cables will save you from contacting the network guys for small, petty issues, eventually saving your time and money.
• Understanding your network cable’s structure
The major difference between the Cat5e and Cat6 models are the shielding and the manner in which these underlying wires are tightly packed or twisted.
A typical Cat5e cable consists of four pairs of uniquely colored pairs and like any other cables is attached to a connector that enables you to connect with your device, in general the computers. The connector used is 8P8C modular connectors with individual pins for the 8 twisted wires at one end and the crimp tooth at the other end. The entire setup is housed in a transparent, plastic jacket that does not require any soldering skills to keep-in-contact with the cable wire. Just a crimping tool would do the necessary attaching job and orderly arranging the twisted wires in its respective golden pins. Visit www.netwerkkabel.eu/cat7-kabels to get the latest information.
Ensure to follow the wiring standards specific to your geography and always take care to follow this earnestly.
• Tools required for fixing the defective cable
- The cable of your choice, here let’s assume Cat5e model
- The connector i.e. 8P8C connector
- Crimping tool
- The spark plug boots
- The cable tester
So simple, isn’t it? Now, let’s move to the most crucial step of replacing the faulty network cable.
• The step-by-step guide to replace your flawed Ethernet cable
- Cut the wire according to your desired length and always allow some extra length, in case of any flawed operation which may happen, especially if you are a first-timer.
- Now it is time to strip the outer shielding and ensure not to expose the inner conducting medium which is usually the copper. As stated above, these wires are neatly arranged in twisted pairs of 4 and should be carefully untwisted and trimmed to maintain an even length among all the 8 wires. Maintaining even lengths enables you to perfectly connect to the connector by preventing any lose or weak connections.
- Now the glittering golden pins or the slots of the connecting plug are awaiting your action to place the 8 wires in their respective slots.
- After ensuring their proper position on their respective slots, now it is time to invoke the crimping tool to crimp the plug to the cable, by carefully placing the plug in the required slot of the crimping tool. If you are new to crimping tool, a quick way to check if you are using it correctly is by checking the teeth of the tool, whether it corresponds to the pins on the plug.
- Once all set, just press the crimping tool to crimp the plug to the cable and not to forget, as this action is irrevocable a careful, final check will spare you from all the re-work that are bound to happen in case of any slot and wire mismatches.
- Once you have properly crimped the plug, the copper wire enables contact with the pushed pins. Now all that is remaining is attaching the spark plug boots to carefully shield the pins.
- All your wiring adventure is carefully over and now it’s the time to check its authenticity or in other words your wiring skills. It is wise to use a cable tester to check the cable’s functioning before making a live-test. If no faulty signals appear, pat your back, you have certainly mastered the repairing of network cables.